Entertainmentforumz.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about ads on the internet?

+2
angie828
Beverly Johnson
6 posters

Go down

What do you think about ads on the internet? Empty What do you think about ads on the internet?

Post by Beverly Johnson Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:36 pm

My least favorite type of ad are the ones that show before the Youtube video starts. Those are really annoying to sit through, especially if they don't give you the option to skip ad.

I don't mind other types of ads online as most times I'm using an ad blocker and can't see them anyway.
Beverly Johnson
Beverly Johnson
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

What do you think about ads on the internet? Empty Re: What do you think about ads on the internet?

Post by angie828 Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm

I do not much care for them. I find them to be very annoying. I know that they are needed for companies and such to get their products and ideas out there but to me it is mostly garbage.
angie828
angie828
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

What do you think about ads on the internet? Empty Re: What do you think about ads on the internet?

Post by Beverly Johnson Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:25 am

Yeah, I was really surprised how many ads there are on children game sites. We had the adblocker installed on one browser and had been playing Lif Serengheti (Unity game) on a game site and then had to use another site to access that same game. They had this huge banner ad across the bottom of the game that really annoyed me and my daughter. She kept trying to click at the x to make it go away and it always opened up to a new site. We stopped going to that site after that.
Beverly Johnson
Beverly Johnson
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post by Swaze Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:18 am

Well tbh I don't care much. The purchaser wins from it, so does the ad showing company, so it's a win win for them.
Swaze
Swaze
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post by BradR1 Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Well generally, ads annoy me a lot. They appear in the most irrelevant positions and I honestly don't pay attention to them. It'd be better if you could pick whether they're displayed but obviously companies couldn't get exposure without them.
BradR1
BradR1
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post by Britanica Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Why don't you use a plug in on your browser to block them? I haven't seen an ad on Youtube in like 3 years! LOL I use Chrome and take full advantage of blocking ads on there as well as all websites.
Britanica
Britanica
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post by BradR1 Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Britanica wrote:Why don't you use a plug in on your browser to block them? I haven't seen an ad on Youtube in like 3 years! LOL I use Chrome and take full advantage of blocking ads on there as well as all websites.
Most of the time, when it comes to YouTube, I'm not too fused about the ads as sometimes they're stuff I want to see so that's why I don't use Adblock. With Google ads, they're completely different to what I want even though it's related to my searches.
BradR1
BradR1
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post by leo82 Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:49 am

I ignore them. I guess I have developed some kind of skill that lets me ignore ads:) On the other hand, I am starting a new blog so I guess encouraging people to click on ads is a good thing:)
leo82
leo82
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum