Entertainmentforumz.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

2 posters

Go down

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Empty The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Post by Steve Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:15 am

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy are by far my most favorite movies. I saw each one in theater when they came out, and have watched each one at least a dozen + times since at home. Before The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey came out, they did a one time limited re-release of the trilogy in theater. It was a back to back showing of all three films, with a 30-45 min break in-between movies. The best part? They were the Extended Edition versions. I was at the theater from about... 10am to 11pm that day watching all three films lol. I know it sounds crazy, but imagine being able to see your all time favorite movie(s) on the big screen just one more time. It was an incredible experience, and I am glad that I got the chance to participate. Is anyone else here a Lord of the Rings fan?

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring IMDB 8.8/10 - 4 Oscar Wins
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers IMDB 8.8/10 - 2 Oscar Wins
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King IMDB 8.9/10 - 11 Oscar Wins

Unadjusted for inflation, The Lord of the Rings film series is the highest grossing film trilogy worldwide of all time, higher even than other film franchises such as the original Star Wars trilogy and The Godfather trilogy. The film series grossed a total of $2.92 billion. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_%28film_series%29
Steve
Steve
Administrator

http://www.entertainmentforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Empty Re: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Post by Kathy Anne Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:07 pm

These movies would have been amazing to watch on big screen, though I have only seen on DVD (small screen) so far. I'm sure the scenery and effects were way more impressive than on small screen.
Kathy Anne
Kathy Anne
Joan Crawford

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum